Saturday, June 9, 2018

Some Favorite Photos


It has been about two years now that I have developed photography as a hobby and while I have a lot of room for improvement as a photographer, I have very much enjoyed the opportunities it creates to be outside and to look at my surroundings more closely and with a more potentially appreciative perspective.  As a hunter who values the experience and required skills of the hunt much more than the result of it, I have found that photography can require those same skills and offer those same experiences.  Much of my hunting gear and equipment is just as useful in shooting an animal with a camera as it is with a rifle and, for me, photography provides yet another excuse to be outside and go see things I have never seen before.
Spring here has been on the rainy and cold side of the weather so far so I have not been using my camera too much when I have been out, (although there are some nice days ahead in the forecast so I hope to remedy that!) so I thought I would scratch my itch to do a post by posting some of my favorite photos that I have taken over the last two years.
I hope you all find them pleasing to your eyes!



Wildflowers called Shooting Stars after a summer rain.


An experiment with indoor photography a couple winters ago using a store bought rose, natural light through a window, and a black background.


I only like this photo because the avian subject of it is an American Redstart which is only found in Alaska in the summertime on the Stikine River delta. 


Icebergs define BLUE



A strange Highbush Cranberry leaf


A nearly mature bald eagle surveying one of Wrangell's harbors


A water strider demonstrating one of the amazing characteristics of water


An example of how something can be ugly and beautiful at the same time


This one is just beautiful


A paddleboarder on a beautiful night


Seagull eggs


An uncommon wildflower called Kings Crown or Roseroot


A fungiform iceberg


Lichens


A wolverine skull given to me by someone who found out how much I love wolverines


Whale dinnertime



A contemplative Raven


Mother and baby sea lions



Willow buds


A corkscrew Orca



A petrified turtle or an incredibly turtle like tree root


A flower poised above the sea


Lupine


More willow buds


A happy young female Orca


Devil's Club


Mysterious fungus


Baby bear


Just like this one





Macrophotography


Sad eyes



Birds on the dock



Abstract


Sunset on a cold winter sea


Leaves in ice


Frosty spruce tips


Same kind of mushroom as above but different


 A beautiful Wrangell sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment