Sunday, October 11, 2020

Peace

It seems that my post back in August in which I described a chance encounter with a man who fled communism in Czechoslovakia led at least one reader to make some leaps in logic as to who I am as a person.  That is okay, it definitely is not the first time that I have had that experience.  I realize that we are living in an increasingly polarized nation and that leaps in logic have become commonplace.

I will do my best to leave this blog one in which I only post themes and photos of the natural world in Alaska and wherever else I may be.  I rarely in past posts have provided my insights, opinions, experiences, or thoughts on subjects like politics, religion, or any other social or cultural phenomena but it seems it doesn't take much in this day to make assumptions about a person.

So, in respect for the few readers of this blog that I have, no more of my views on anything that will trigger anyone.  I am starting another blog in which I will solely write essays about various thoughts and subjects, some controversial, some not.  I will also write posts about interesting books I may be reading to share some of those subjects.  I encourage and invite discussion or comments on the posts and am very interested in hearing the thoughts and ideas of others so don't hesitate to reply.  I will be writing essays about subjects and ideas like the God Shaped Hole, the Stoned Ape Theory, alien technology, human history, religion, politics, culture, as many "controversial" topics that I can come up with..  

If any readers of this blog are interested in the new blog, please let me know in some way.  I will only give the title and address of it to those who ask so to avoid hurting anyone's feelings, making people angry, or making people make leaps of logic.  

Love to all

(As a postscript, this blog may not have many posts in the near future as I might be without a camera for a while.  I'm not sure yet but my camera might be inoperable after spending a few minutes submerged at the bottom of a swamped canoe after a recent encounter with a brown bear.  If my camera is dead, I may post some older photos and tell some older stories and also use my phone to take some pictures as well.  No humans or bears were harmed in the encounter but it had serious potential to have been much worse.  I love living in a place with animals that can kill you and eat you!  Makes being in the wild wild!)






No comments:

Post a Comment