Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Bird Nerd

Somehow I have become somewhat of a bird nerd.  Well, what I should say is that I have become more of an open bird nerd after having been one secretly for a long time.  I'm not the nerdiest of bird nerds and my skill in identifying birds by their songs needs quite a bit of work but trying to capture birds on camera has become a fun hobby.



This is more often than not the result of bird photography, a shot missed by fractions of a second or an incredibly blurry bird since many of the smaller ones rarely stay still for long.  This bird was a warbler that was a first sighting for me, a warbler called a Common Yellowthroat.


Getting a little better.  At least his yellow throat is visible as well as his robber mask.  Andrea has also become a bird nerd and it was an app she has on her phone of bird songs that brought this guy close enough to us to get some pictures.






This last picture is one of Andrea's.  I think she got the best photo.





No comments:

Post a Comment