Saturday, June 27, 2020

Just More Birds

The weather has finally turned to something more like summer weather, well, at least for half of the day today, probably tomorrow, and then a few days next week if the forecasters are correct.  It was nice to feel the sun on my skin today, wear shorts comfortably, wear sunglasses, and complain about how humid it was!
It was a great afternoon to do some bird nerding.


We didn't see anything our of the ordinary but had a good time waiting for small, fast birds to give us a chance to get some pictures.


A Pacific Wren.  I guess I have recently decided to embrace my new bird nerd level and try to collect photos of as many different species as I can.  This bird has a really pretty song and does not make getting its picture easy.  It took the better part of an hour to get this okay shot.






Lots of female Rufous Hummingbirds out today!  I know the bottom picture isn't very good but I liked the flash of color.

I will be leaving tomorrow for a 6 day kayak trip in a group of islands an hour west of Wrangell called the Kashevaroff Islands.  It is a beautiful area with limestone sea cliffs and shorelines, lots of whales, a ommonly seen family of killer whales, sea otters, and just some beautiful scenery.  If the weather forecast is correct, there should be opportunities for some great photos!  I'm also hoping to see some of our familiar whales and get some photos of some new ones.  This will be my first multi day adventure here in Southeast in a few years so I am excited!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment